- Be willing to try each wine that is available. A wine tour is all about exposing yourself to new tastes and even odors because there are so many different types of wine.
Take advantage of this opportunity to venture outside of your comfort zone and sample the local wines because your experience may differ drastically depending on the region.
- Pay attention to the cellar door staff’s descriptions of the wines and advice on how to maximize your taste. Visit cellar doors that are attractively decorated and hospitable and offer the best sample of that region’s wines.
Pay attention as the cellar door staff discusses the wines with you and offers advice on how to make the most of your tasting. For you to receive the best education and tasting experience, knowledgeable and gregarious cellar door attendants are essential. The basement staff will acknowledge your arrival and let you know that you will be attended to as soon as possible.
- To evaluate the wines, use all your senses, including sight, smell, and taste. also evoke a recollection. What recalled you of the wines? Did you experience the same flavor as the cellar door staff had described?
Observe the wine’s color and then give it a good sniff. These phases are sometimes omitted in favor of drinking alone, yet they are crucial to the wine sampling procedure. To fully enjoy the flavor, be careful to swirl the wine around in your tongue!
- Drink water in between tastes to hydrate yourself and prepare your palette for the new flavor. You don’t want a different wine or anything else to contaminate or confuse your palate. One of the best ways to clear your taste receptors is with water, but bread and crackers can also do the trick.
This will enable you to sample a variety of wines without worrying about an unpleasant aftertaste ruining the experience.
- Have faith in your own evaluation of the wines. Which wines are good?
There may be a huge variety of wines to try, including quite a number in your own region that you haven’t yet…
however, it doesn’t follow that you can’t have a favorite. Try as many different wines as you can, but pay particular attention to the one that best suited your palate.
How to enjoy food and wine together most effectively at Melbourne wine tours
Many experts agree that cool-climate wines pair well with meals. In areas with cool climates, grapes slowly ripen, producing wines with exquisite flavors and crisp acidity that have a moderate alcohol content.
Food enhances each other’s flavors when combined. The wine’s weight (light to medium body) lets the food’s texture stand out while the acids in the wine cut through the oils to clear your palate.
Although it has tremendous value to traditionally pair wine varietals with appropriate dishes, if you prefer a certain wine variety over the need to do so, go for it. All focus is on you at Melbourne wine tours.
Winery Tour Yarra Valley
Unit 201/98 River Esplanade
Docklands, VIC 3008
(03) 7042 3201